||Development – Solar
||Type of contract
||Chief Commercial Officer
||London, Edinburgh or Glasgow
About Renewco Power
Renewco Power is a newly formed renewable power business, with plans to become a leading European clean energy platform. Renewco will focus on developing utility-scale solar, wind and storage assets across Europe and U.S, with the aim of maximising the potential in clean energy projects. The company is targeting the development of over 4GW of renewable assets within five years.
Renewco’s founders are a highly experienced and entrepreneurial group whose founders have over 100 years of combined renewables development and investment experience, having successfully developed more than 10GW+ of renewables in over 50 countries, raising more than £2 billion to finance these assets in the process.
Renewco Power is backed by a £24 million (€28 million) investment from Corran Capital who raised cornerstone funding from FT-SE 100 utility, SSE plc. SSE’s financial support will enable Renewco to accelerate the implementation of the team’s high growth strategy. Renewco will be based in Edinburgh, with hubs in London and a selection of European countries.
Experienced through the PV project development process from planning through to RTB, the successful candidate will have a strong track record in project development and budget management with a can do and team player attitude. The role will involve:
- Greenfield development – managing Renewco development projects in the UK. A thorough understanding of the development and planning processes. Experience in land acquisition and securing grid connection is a plus.
- Co-development support– work with the senior team to negotiate and manage co-development opportunities and overseeing the project development process.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Overseeing and managing the full planning process
- Managing the project budgets and internal reporting
- Managing suppliers and technical advisors including ICPs and planning consultantsManaging local development partners
- Provide feedback to engineering to optimise design
- Analysing and reviewing commercial viability based on projects’ technical design and costing
- Negotiating sub-contractor roles responsibilities and contracts
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of local market legislation, regulations, support schemes etc (Market research)
- Internal pipeline management
- Supporting financial analysis of opportunities
- Delivering developed RTB projects to defined budget and schedule
Qualifications and experience:
- 3-5 Years’ experience as a solar project developer in the UK
- Excellent understanding of all parts of the PV Development cycle
- Negotiating agreements and contracts experience
- Experience in delivering utility scale projects
- Thorough understanding of the UK planning regulations
- Great communication skills
- Working well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail