To proactively develop Renewco Power’s On shore Wind pipeline business in the UK focusing on prospecting a portfolio of 20+ projects and converting these into over 1GW of ready to build onshore wind projects with complementary hybrid technologies.
You will need the ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary project teams along with communicate with regulators, local communities, consultants and landowners.
The role will involve the site selection activities, development and implementation of EIA scoping strategies, project management of EIA studies, defining and managing surveys works and appropriate mitigation, obtaining consents, statutory stakeholder engagement, community engagement, project financial approvals and budgetary control.
In addition, the ability to engage with land owner and land agent to manage and complete all the land agreements associated with large scale renewable developments is essential.
The successful candidate will also have a strong track record in project development, great interpersonal skills and budget management.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- To manage projects from concept through the development phases ensuring that all consents are secured for deliverable project with competitive LCOE’s.
- Identify, deploy and manage appropriate human resource from appointed consultants on a project basis
- Lead and recommend appropriate development strategies to the Head of Development
- Lead and provide input to all commercial agreements and contracts including leading solicitors and land agents to conclude option and lease agreements.
- Prepare and present project investment papers
- Agreement, management and forecasting of necessary budgets including ensuring budgets are delivered to the Head of Development, CEO and Finance Director which provide accurate and timely information to support their understanding of strategic risks, issues, opportunities, impacts and progress
- Manage and actively identify all critical risks, issues and impacts of the project specifically the adequate application of and adherence to both statutory and corporate health, safety and environmental requirements
- Negotiate and lead interfaces with all key stakeholders
- Provide point of contact for landowners and communities requiring information about the project
- Responsible for ensuring best practice project management
- Responsible for all aspects of project management with consultants/contractors
- Advise the Head of Development, CEO and members of Renewco’s Board on the impact of technical/specialist risks and issues and the viability of solutions recommended
- Balance technical detail with commercial needs and provide recommendations, taking into account all relevant risks
- Ensure that all recommendations are documented and sufficient due diligence exists to support decisions (whether internal or external diligence)
- Present decisions and recommendations to the Head of Development, CEO and Board in a structured and robust manner
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree or equivalent experience in Environmental Management, Planning, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Land Management/Surveying or relevant qualification in obtaining legal consents
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in wind development
- Relevant professional qualification
- Proven Project Development experience in renewable energy developments (preferably development of onshore wind at utility scale)
- Experience and understanding of 1) planning system and consenting regimes across the UK and ROI and 2) Land agreements for renewable energy developments
- Highly developed negotiation skills
- Health & Safety awareness
- Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines